Title: She Hulk
Contributors: Charles Soule
Javier Pulido
Publisher: Marvel
Issue #: 4
Year: 2014
Pages: 32 Pages
Age Rating: 10 
Story Grade: C
Art Grade: B





She-Hulk #4 picks up where #3 left off. Jennifer, feels utterly defeated and even more frustrated after Doom sweeps her client out from under her in the courtroom, so she heads to California to get some counseling from a friend on how to handle the defeat. After that she heads home via a stop in Doom's homeland to take care of some unfinished business.

She-Hulk has truly grown on me over the last four months. The art of Javier Pulido has definitely become a taste I have acquired. While he is not my favorite artist, not by a long shot, I don't hate his work.

The story progresses really nice in this book, until about 2/3 of the way through the book. Then things get weird... and pace goes bonkers. There are several pages of what feel like disjointed panels of chaos and absolutely no dialog. Great art, but broken pace. It felt a little awkward for me, even after rereading, reviewing it multiple times. I am wondering if Soule is writing too many books at once. Comicvine has him listed as writing seven books currently (Swamp Thing, Red Lanterns, Superman/Wonder Woman, Inhumans, Thunderbolts, She-Hulk and Letter 44). That's a lot of books each month. I have heard that he is still a full time attorney on top of that. If that's true, I wonder if he is burning the wick at both ends.

But outside of that, little issue, the book itself was enjoyable.

As I said before, Javier Pulido's art has definitely become a taste I have acquired. His style has grown on me, even though I still have issues with the facial inconsistencies, I have grown accustomed to them now. His use of simplistic, single color or faded backgrounds in many of the panels is pleasing to look at.

All in all, I am giving this book a C+ simply because of that major hiccup in the story 2/3 of the way through the book... It truly messed up the pace of the book for me. But other than that it is a great book and worth adding to the run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment