0
I know, my last review was on January 30th. A few of my dedicated have already been asking me questions like; "What the hell have you been doing?" "Why aren't you reviewing comics lately?"

Well, some things have been going on, good things. So let me explain a few things here to help clear the air.

First; I have been planning a local collectors market that is happening in May, Willamette Valley Collector's Market. This isn't any ole collector's market though, it is focused on pop culture collectibles, like comics, vinyl records, toys and action figures, gaming, custom pop culture art from local artists and so much more. Also, this collectors market will also be raising funds for charity, so that's some awesomeness.

What you won't find at Willamette Valley Collector's Market is stuff like grandma's doilies, murano, venini or any other type glass collectible or old life magazines. You also won't find any antique tools, war memorabilia, rock collections. You won't find guns, knives or other antique weaponry at this market.

This market is about pop culture geekness.

Planning and executing on the early stages of this event has consumed a lot of my time. Finding the location, contacting vendors and getting them engaged, collecting donations for the charity raffle, getting an artist to make a poster/flier and so much more work has already gone into this. I haven't had a lot of time for other things.

Now this doesn't mean I am not reading comics. I am definitely reading comics. Actually large quantities of comics have been getting consumed. I just don't have the two hours for each review I write to commit right now. Yes, it takes me two hours to write each and every review from start to finish. So if I wrote two reviews a week before, it would take me four hours to write those. If I wrote three, that is six hours. One week, Halloween Week, I wrote seven reviews as part of my Seven Days of Halloween. That took me over 20 hours, because some of the reviews that week actually covered more than one book.

As soon as time frees up a little I will get back to writing to reviews, but the reviews might be a little different.

See another issue I am facing with writing reviews is that it is getting boring to write them. It feels like the same dribble review after review. And if they are boring to write, they are likely boring to read. So I am looking at a way to revamp the reviews, make them interesting, fun and maybe a little controversial.

Recently I have read some Hulk, a few trades like Pretty Deadly and Deadly Class as well as wrapped up the Fire and Stone series from Dark Horse. Of course I am still reading Nail Biter, cause well Williamson is still rocking that book like ROCK GOD! I am reading many others, like the new Star Wars, but they are all too numerous to mention them all here. But rest assured, I am reading them.

I will be back to writing reviews soon. Until then just stay tuned and watch for some updates coming through social media.

Until next time... Remember that no matter how busy you are, you must take time to make the other person feel important.
~Mary Kay Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment