Title: Indestructible Hulk
Contributors: Mark Waid
Val Staples
Publisher: Image Comics
Issue #: 20
Year: 2014
Pages: 32 Pages
Age Rating: 13+ (Violence, Gore)
Story Grade: B
Art Grade: B




***Spoiler Alerts are plentiful here***

But they are only spoilers if you have been living in a Delorean back in 1955 for the past few months. The "Hulk Smash, Banner Build" mantra comes to an end, and this saddens me a bit. I was really enjoying Bruce embracing the Not-So-Jolly-Green for what he is. But alas the old saying is true, all good things must come to an end, and in the Marvel Universe, that end must come even sooner in the name of the almighty reboot. Gotsa have those #1s hitting the shelves every week I guess.

Indestructible Hulk #20 is a great issue. Hulk kicks some serious ass and doesn't care to take names. For this being a final issue, they did a good job closing up some loose ends, but also left a few open in my opinion (and not just the obvious one either) possibly for a carry over into the new run starting next month.

While I look forward to what the new Hulk run will bring, I am sad to see this run close. It felt unfinished. I felt a sense of disatisfaction on behalf of Bruce never getting his dream even remotely fulfilled. I can totally foresee some serious vengeance plots playing into the next run for what seemed like sabotage on the part of Stark and other Marvel-Verse characters. I hope they play on that a little.

I thoroughly enjoyed the artwork contained in this book. The action sequences built up nicely and exploded beautifully with the climax in the dialog and story arc.

All in all, I grade this book a solid B. A sad goodbye to a favorite storyline in the Hulk's history for this reader. A story that died much too early... much too soon.

Until next time... Happy building no more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment