Title: She-Hulk
Contributors: Charles Soule
Javier Pulido
Muntsa Vicente
Publisher: Marvel
Issue #: 3
Year: 2014
Pages: 32 Pages
Age Rating: 13+ (Violence) 
Story Grade: A
Art Grade: C



She-Hulk #3 brings Jennifer Walters her first proper client and that client happens to be the son of Victor Von Doom, seeking political asylum in the United States.

This is a great story which seems to be common thread among the She-Hulk books thus far; great stories are abundant. I find it interesting that although the books all tie together; book one leads to book two, and book two directly leads into book three, a reader could pick up any of the these book and read the story as a stand alone story and not spend a single moment scratching his or her head. This credit goes directly to Charles Soule's writing. His ability to spend a sentence or two tieing a character or backstory element into the current tale and making it work seamlessly without boring the hell out of us following the series is fantastic.

Since nothing ever goes as planned for Jennifer, and why should it, getting her client to the courthouse on time hits some bumps in the roads. But this just adds to the fun times to be read and seen by the reader.

Javier's artwork is starting to grow on me, but it is slow and sometimes painful process. Seeing Jennifer in full-blown Hulk-Mode in broad daylight helps. I am not ready to admit that I am fan of his "style", but I am not going to go into a rant over it. I will be the adult here and upgrade my judgement of his art from a D to C grade.

All in all, I grade this book a solid B. A great story and artwork that is slowly growing on me, but overall this run is really turning into a fun ride overall.
Until next time... Here's happy doom-bot smashing.

1 comments:

  1. This new She-Hulk series has indeed been great so far. Charles Soule's storytelling is always great (and he does it as one of the busiest guys in comics theses days) and I love Javier Pulido's art (which doesn't seem to be a very common thing in reviews I've read). This new series has a definite old school feel to it, which is probably one of the major reason I like it so much.

    See ya 'round the web. All Things Kevyn.

    ReplyDelete